Friday, March 28, 2008

Duma Key




Just finished my Stephen King book, Duma Key. Scary! And good.

I've been reading since I got home, making it hard to think about today.

But in those moments where I paused, your scent was there.

Is here now.


We meet.

You give me tea, the fog pulls away.

I give you a camera, because I want to see what you see.

We ride, at last!

Zebras, lemurs, mouth-farting apes, babies, children, aviary, meerkat manor.

Your tears; my hurt; our confusion.

Then: laughter.

And something growing cold, melts a little.

You give me gloves, and a ride.

We drink coffee, eat cheese, but no animals.

We talk.

We share, we learn, and find a way.



I hope you are at peace with us tonight.

And tomorrow, and tomorrow.



Just remember that one moment, where it was simple, made sense, felt good.

That's where we make our place.

That's where we meet.

I think it was when we were ordering cheese?



With love,
Him